Stop the struggle of maintaining pastel hair once and for all with oVertone.
This post is sponsored by oVertone. All reviews and opinions are my own. I only share products I use and love.
What’s the number one question I get? “How do you keep your pastel pink hair from fading?” I get it. Any kind of pastel hair upkeep seems impossible. You dye your hair, enjoy it for a day, and then go into a mini depression when your next shower rinses out every last bit of your pastel perfection. Maybe you’ve tried cold showers to minimize the loss of color. But cold showers are the worst.
I’ve even gone so far as to skip on washing my hair for days (with the help of a bottle of dry shampoo) to preserve my pastel color for as long as possible. But no amount of dry shampoo could fix those greasy roots on day 3. No matter what I tried, my pink kept fading.
Not only was it frustrating to dye my hair so frequently, but it was expensive and damaging! So I researched until I found a way to end the struggle for good. I finally did–and I’m sharing my secret weapon with you today. It’s called oVertone and it’s amazing.
The products come in 24 colors, are all vegan, AND are healthy for your hair! You can even mix multiple colors together to create your own unique shade. The best part is that oVertone products actually work best when you use them with warm water. That means no more cold showers. Keeping pastel hair has never been easier!
What to Know Before You Begin
Always remember that to achieve your pastel hair goals, you always need to start with pre-lightened hair. The lighter your hair, the more saturated your result will be.
Here is my hair before starting the color process. It’s a white platinum color, which is the perfect base for achieving pastel pink. If you have anything much darker than this, you may want to consider a little bleach first.
Also, I’m not a professional stylist or colorist. I’m just a girl that loves hair color and finds a way to do it all from home. I can only share what works and doesn’t work for me. Not everyone is the same, so you ultimately need to decide what works best for you!
What You Need
• oVertone Pastel Pink Deep Treatment: The deep treatment works like a hair dye, but without any of the traditional hair dye ingredients that can be damaging to you precious pastel locks. It’s actually nourishing and hydrating, which is great for my damaged ends. A coloring system that is good for your hair finally exists. And it’s what we will use to achieve that pastel pink color.
• oVertone Pastel Pink Daily Conditioner: Use this conditioner every time you’re in the shower. It deposits small amounts of color to replenish what washing takes out.
• Gloves (optional): The deep treatment bottle suggests you use gloves for application, but I don’t usually find this to be necessary with pastel colors. I started out using gloves and ended up pitching them. I think it’s a lot easier to work with your bare hands. And, aside from slight pink under my nails, the deep treatment didn’t stain my skin at all!
Deep Treatment Instructions
1. Start with damp hair. I decided to shower before starting my application. If you’ve recently showered, just run a wet brush through your hair. You can also apply the deep treatment on dry hair, but I prefer damp because the color distributes more easily. (Oh and make sure you’ve got on a shirt you don’t care because we’re about to bust out the deep treatment!)
2. Grab your oVertone Pastel Pink Deep Treatment and apply it all over your head. I know I reiterate this in every hair tutorial, but I don’t have any special method of applying hair color. In this case, I just dipped my hand in the deep treatment container and globbed it on my hair by the handful. Once it was fully coated, I brushed through my hair to make sure everything was evenly distributed. Always double check the back of your head with a mirror, just to be safe.
3. Let the deep treatment sit for 10 minutes. Color does not deposit much after 10 minutes, so leaving the deep treatment in longer won’t make a difference. Once the 10 minutes is up, rinse your hair in warm water. Style as usual.
4. Repeat about once a week. The deep treatment and daily conditioner are so effective that I find I can do the deep treatment every 2 weeks while still maintaining a vibrant pastel.
Deep Treatment Results
I absolutely love the color. It’s a beautiful vibrant pastel pink and I think it turned out great!
Daily Conditioner Instructions
1. Shampoo as usual. Use your normal shampoo to wash your hair. When it’s time to condition, reach for the oVertone Pastel Pink Daily Conditioner instead of your usual conditioner.
2. Pour enough conditioner in the palm of your hand to lather up all your hair. The amount you use will depend on your length of hair.
3. Let sit for 3-5 minutes. This gives the color a chance to absorb. In the mean time I usually wash my face and use my body wash.
4. Rinse in warm water. Again, no cold showers! Yay! Just rinse and then style your hair as usual.
5. Repeat every time you shower. It literally takes no extra time out of your day, so it’s totally worth it. The daily conditioner keeps your hair looking fresh out of the salon even when you haven’t been in weeks!
Daily Conditioner Results
This is my hair after one week of showering every day using the oVertone Pastel Pink Daily Conditioner. It hasn’t lost any color at all and is still just as vibrant as the day I colored it. That never happens with other dyes! Without oVertone my hair would have been back to blonde by this point. This stuff is a serious miracle worker.
I only used 1/4 of the bottle which is awesome because I expected to use at least half. So I’m happy to see that this will go a lot further than I originally anticipated!
One of my favorite things is that the deep treatment only takes 10 minutes. I can’t believe how vibrant my hair is in such a short amount of time! With most pastel dyes you need to wait at least an hour or two before rinsing. This is so much faster, more efficient, and can easily become a part of your routine.
The deep treatment colored my hair a little brighter than I thought it would, but I’m okay with that because I know the color will last even longer that way. My hair was super light to begin with, so that could have been part of the reason it came out so saturated. If you want an even more pastel shade from the start, leave the deep treatment in for 5 minutes or rinse as soon as you are done applying the color.
This is a life saver. Even if I slack on applying the deep treatment, I know the daily conditioner has my back. It’s such a cool concept that showering can now be something that replenishes my color instead of removing it. I no longer dread washing my hair and it’s the best feeling!
The only thing I would change is the size of the bottle. It’s smaller than I expected, especially when I have a lot of hair to cover! But that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make because the product has literally changed the way I maintain my pastel hair.
The first thing I noticed is that this stuff smells SO good. It’s a refreshing peppermint scent that I can’t get enough of! When the products were on my head it was so soothing and relaxing that I felt like I was in a spa.
I’m absolutely obsessed with the oVertone Pastel Pink Complete System. With these products you will never have to dye your hair between root touch ups ever again. It’s a complete game changer in the pastel hair world. This is the end of difficult upkeep and the beginning of endlessly perfect pastel mermaid trusses.
Based on my amazing results with the pastel pink color, I’m so excited to branch out and try some of the other 24 shades in the oVertone collection. I’m convinced they’ll be just as lovely!