Warm weather, neutrals, and perspex heel booties–three of my favorite things.
A Photoshoot in the City
I’m finally back in Los Angeles, and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s been so long since I’ve been here, but it feels like I never left. I love the people and the diverse array of fashion. It is beautiful and inspiring. I love the surrounding cities, where the next hidden gem is just short drive away. And lastly, I love the warm weather and how I can pretty much wear whatever I want any day of the year.
It hit 80 degrees today, so I opted for a shift dress and left my coat behind. Plus it gave me a good excuse to bust out my brand new perspex heel booties that I couldn’t wait to show off. How is it this lovely outside despite still being winter?
But back to the perspex heel booties. I’ve had them on my mental wishlist for some time, but never saw a pair in stores. Now all of the sudden it feels like they’re popping up everywhere. And I’m not complaining.
I spotted this pair at Forever 21 and made a beeline for them. Everything about them was perfect–the vinyl shell, heel height, color, and soft suede-like interior. I was then faced with that nerve racking moment when you check the size. And, to my complete surprise, they were a perfect fit. Not only that, but they were the last pair. I snagged them up so fast.
At first, shoes with a perspex heel might seem intimidating. But I promise they’re not! There are so many ways to wear them that it was hard to pick just one for this post. Here’s the outfit I wore my first day out shooting in the city. I hope this inspires you to rock your own pair of perspex heel booties!
Styling Perspex Heel Booties
1. Forever 21 Sunglasses: I’m loving these pink sunglasses at only $9.90.
2. Forever 21 Choker: Easily one of my favorite chokers, this necklace comes in two pieces that you can wear separately to change up your look.
3. Forever 21 Shift Dress: I love the simplicity of a shift dress, and this one doesn’t disappoint. The floral pattern adds interest without being distracting.
4. Francesca’s Watch: This watch goes with literally everything and can easily be an everyday accessory.
5. Cuyana Tote Bag: This was gifted to me, so I don’t know it’s origins. But I found a similar one by Cuyana.
6. Forever 21 Booties: Elevate any outfit with these booties. They immediately take everything from cute to fashion-forward badass.