To make sure you’ve covered all your bases.
Thank goodness it’s finally summer. It’s the season of warm weather, tanned skin, and of course, fun trips. While I love actually going on a getaway, there’s one thing that gets me every time–packing.
I absolutely hate packing. Is anyone else with me? I’m not good at planning my outfits ahead of time because I never know what I’ll be in the mood for. And in the end there is always more on the floor than what will fit in my suitcase. It’s so much of a pain that I usually put it off, which leaves me scrambling around last minute. And inevitably, I always forget something.
I don’t have any set travel plans right now, but when I do decide to go somewhere, I want to be prepared. So this time I’ve planned ahead and put together a list of the 10 things you need to pack for a summer vacation. I’m skipping over the obvious (like toothbrush and toothpaste) and focusing on what usually trips me up (like what clothes to pack)!
What to pack:
1. All in one clothes: What do I mean by that? Pack dresses and playsuits for your trip. Each one serves as an entire outfit on its own. That way you’ll save suitcase space by not having to pack a top and a bottom for every day you’ll be gone. Plus dresses and playsuits are so cute and summery, you’ll probably want to pack them anyway!
2. Your favorite jewelry: I have several staple jewelry pieces that I know match every outfit. When traveling I’ll bring those few accessories and leave the rest behind. There’s no need to take up extra suitcase space you probably don’t have.
3. Moisturizer: You’re going to want some moisturizer, body butter, or lotion. It’s fun being out in the sun all day, but your skin is going to pay the price. Moisturize every night to keep your skin feeling smooth and looking healthy.
4. Comfortable shoes: I can’t stress this enough. Bring shoes that you’re going to be okay with walking in all day. I know the temptation of wearing what’s cute instead of what’s practical. But try to pack shoes that work on both levels like some beachy sandals or some sneakers.
5. Sun Hat: You’ll be glad you have a sun hat when the sun is beating down on your head. Hats provide the shade you need while walking around in the summer sun.
6. Sunglasses: It feels like these would be a given, but I forget my sunglasses more often than anything else. Make sure you bring some sunnies along so you can actually enjoy the scenery instead of squinting the entire time.
7. Swimsuit: It wouldn’t be a summer trip without a swimsuit. You’re going to want to tan the day away, trust me.