Go casual this weekend–and stay stylish.
This is my last week in Los Angeles before I have to fly home to Michigan, and I’m currently wallowing in my sorrows with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s wishing it wasn’t so. Phish Food anyone?! I knew a comfy outfit was in order, but I didn’t want to sacrifice style. So I put together this casual mini dress and sneakers look. It’s the ultimate look-like-I-tried-but-totally-didn’t look.
The star of the outfit is this light pink dress that I absolutely love. Blush is the modern neutral. And I couldn’t be more excited because it’s also my latest color obsession. This dress is made of a thin rib knit so it’s super lightweight and flows over the body. It seriously feels like I’m just wearing air.
Paired with the right thing, like some heels and a leather jacket, the dress could easily go from day to night. But I opted for a hat, denim jacket, slouchy backpack, and sneakers that ooze comfy casual.
Styling the Casual Mini Dress and Sneakers Look
1. H&M Hat: I’m loving caps these days, and the suede fabric on this one is perfect.
2. Forever 21 Sunglasses: These seriously make the outfit. They just give it that extra pop!
3. Forever 21 Choker: Thin chokers are a great small detail to add.
4. Forever 21 Dress: The ribbed fabric gives this dress a cute and unique twist.
5. Forever 21 Denim Jacket: I love the cut of this jacket because it is loose and angles up slightly in back.
6. BAGGU Backpack: I bought mine from BAGGU a while ago, so it’s not available anymore. But they have tons of cute new colors in stock now.
7. Charlotte Russe Sneakers: Simple, white, and casual. They will become your favorite throw-on shoes. Guaranteed.