This is quickly becoming my favorite coverup.
If you know me, you know that one of my favorite things to do when I visit home in Virginia is to take a trip to DC. I love the big city life and take every opportunity I’m given to experience it. I’ll usually get there by hopping in a car and sitting in stop and go traffic on I-95. But in the true spirit of the big city, I opted for public transportation and headed to the Fredericksburg Train Station where you can hitch a ride straight into DC.
The station itself is adorable and has tons of old charm and character. So I made sure to arrive early to snap a few shots before catching my train. If there’s a train in your area and you ever get the chance to take a joy ride somewhere–do it. There’s nothing more relaxing than taking a trip for yourself where you can just take in the scenery. It’s a completely different experience than driving that I highly suggest you try out! (Plus it’s cheaper than gas and less stressful than fighting traffic.)
Styling the Black Satin Kimono
1. Urban Outfitters Aviators: These might not offer much protection against the sun, but you’ll look super stylish wearing them!
2. ALDO Choker: Almost every outfit looks better with this choker. And it’s a steal for just $6.98!
3. H&M Black Satin Kimono: This kimono is the star of the outfit. Pair it with casual pieces for a day look or wear it for a night in with some slinky lingerie.
4. H&M Romper: You’ll fall in love with this romper. It’s black (so it matches everything) and easy to throw on in a rush.
5. H&M Platform Mules: These are deceptively comfy. The strap is spongey so they feel like slippers. It’s a good day when I find heels I can actually wear for extended periods of time!
6. H&M Ring Set: I don’t usually wear all of these at once, but they’re great for mixing and matching with my other ring sets.