Rose gold hair color made easy.
This post is sponsored by oVertone. All reviews and opinions are my own. I only share products I use and love.
I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the oVertone Rose Gold line of color. It is one of the newest products, and in my opinion, one of the most exciting!
What to Know Before You Begin
This is what my hair looked like before applying any color. There is still a slight tinge of the silver I had previously, but it was nothing the rose gold couldn’t cover.
If your hair is darker, your results with the rose gold won’t be the same as mine. But if you’re afraid of bleaching your precious locks even one more time, oVertone has you covered.
There’s a Rose Gold Complete System for brown hair too! It’ll leave your brown strands looking a little more rosy.
What You Need
• Rose Gold Deep Treatment from oVertone: This is what you will use for the initial color application.
• Rose Gold Daily Conditioner from oVertone: Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and follow up with the Rose Gold Daily Conditioner each time you shower to keep your color looking fresh.
• Gloves (optional): If you feel more comfortable using gloves, go for it! It’s not necessary, though. I went in with bare hands and the color washed off easily in the shower. So you don’t have to worry about the rose gold staining your skin.
Deep Treatment Instructions
1. Comb through your hair. You want to make sure all your hair is knot-free and separated so that you don’t miss any spots when applying color.
I normally also suggest getting your hair damp before beginning. It makes it a little easier to apply and distribute the color (which often means you use less product). I chose not do so this time because I wanted the rose gold’s full power to cover any silver strands I still had. But feel free to wet your hair if you want. The rose gold will still work great!
2. Apply the oVertone Rose Gold Deep Treatment. Use a brush or use your hands. It all works the same in the end! I always work the product through with my hands because it’s a lot faster for me and I’m impatient. No matter which route you choose, just make sure to double check in the mirror for any spots you might have missed. You don’t want to finish the process and then realize there’s a nice big blonde patch on the back of your head.
3. Let the color sit for 10 minutes. If that’s not the fastest processing time you’ve ever seen, then I don’t know what is. But it’s true! 10 minutes is all it takes for the color to be fully saturated.
4. Rinse in the shower. Wash out the color until the water runs clear. You can follow up with the Rose Gold Daily Conditioner, but it’s not usually necessary immediately after the deep treatment.
5. Repeat about once a week. You’ll be the judge of this. If your color starts to lose it’s vibrancy, grab the deep treatment. But I find that the daily conditioner is so powerful that I can often push it to two weeks!
Daily Conditioner Instructions
1. Shampoo as usual. You can use whatever shampoo you normally do. It doesn’t have to be a special shampoo for color treated hair because the daily conditioner takes care of that part for you.
2. Condition using the oVertone Daily Conditioner. Squeeze a liberal amount in the palm of your hand and work it into your hair
3. Let the oVertone conditioner sit for 3-5 minutes. Do other things while you wait. Wash your face. Grab your body scrub. Sing your favorite song. The 3 minutes will go by before you know it!
4. Rinse. Wash the conditioner out like normal.
5. Repeat every time you shower. It’s the easiest way of keeping your color looking fresh without taking any extra time out of your day!
I think the color ended up looking a little more “rose” than “gold.” But that might just be because I started with a few strands of hair that were still lightly stained with silver. It doesn’t really matter, though. Because I LOVE the way it looks. The color is absolutely gorgeous and it applied so evenly!
I’ve tried making my own rose gold formula before and it’s always a disaster. There are too many things to mix in and it either comes out too bright, too light, or just plain wrong.
But oVertone truly makes a perfect one step rosy color. No more mixing three dyes and hoping it looks right. No more adding conditioner to try and get a pastel effect. oVertone Rose Gold is ready straight from the tub so it takes the guess work out.
Pink is always one of the hardest colors to keep looking fresh and vibrant. I used to skip washing my hair for as long as possible until my dry shampoo just couldn’t keep up anymore. Then I’d wash my hair once and watch all of the gorgeous color I tried so hard to keep wash down the drain.
But oVertone Daily Conditioners have changed all of that. And the Rose Gold Daily Conditioner is no different. It’s been one week so far, and I have no need to reach for the deep treatment. My color still looks great!
Let’s say you have blonde hair and you use only the daily conditioner and not the deep treatment. You’ll still come out with light pink rosy locks. The deep treatment is more saturated, so you’ll still need it to achieve the color I have in this post. But that should give you a good idea of just how powerful the Rose Gold Daily Conditioner is!
How gorgeous is this color?! I can’t get over how easy it is to get the perfect shade of rose. Then top that with the simplicity of the upkeep.
It’s safe to say I’m obsessed with oVertone Rose Gold. Plus it’s the perfect color to rock in Spring and Summer! Bring on the warm, sunny days.