Cuz you deserve to wear those boots to the grocery store.
I love my Steve Madden over the knee boots. I bought them last fall, and was obsessed. Problem is–I never wore them.
Why not? Well, living in a city where everyone wears jeans and a t-shirt, I didn’t want to look over the top. But I was sad! Those over the knee boots needed to come out of my closet and into public.
So I wanted to make an outfit to give them a more casual look. And by pairing high waisted shorts with a hoodie tucked in I was able to do just that. Plus the contrast of the super casual hoodie with the statement suede heel boot was kind of a cool look!
I wore them shopping and running errands. The reaction I got was one of overwhelming positivity. Everyone loved them! I got compliments left and right, and lots of people asked where I bought them. Now I have a go-to casual outfit for my over the knee boots that I’ll definitely be revisiting in the future!
Styling Over the Knee Boots
1. Quay Aviator Sunglasses: The silver color is a classic. But these also come in a pink that is to die for!
2. H&M Hoodie: This hoodie may be basic, but in my book it’s an essential for those comfy cute days.
3. H&M Leather Jacket: My best purchase of 2017 is this jacket, hands down. I find myself wearing it all the time because it makes every outfit 100x better. It can also easily transition from day to night.
4. H&M High Waisted Shorts: You can never go wrong with a pair of high waisted denim shorts. And now that the weather is warming up, I’ll be pulling these bad boys out a lot more often.
5. Steve Madden Over The Knee Boots: These are a fashion statement and I love them. They make me feel like I’m strutting down a runway but with the comfort of a tennis shoe (well, almost).