The perfect outfit for a warm Spring day.
A Day in Detroit with the KAAREM Open Back Cape Dress
Sometimes I get caught up in the busyness of every day life, and forget to pause for a moment and take it all in. That’s why I decided to make a trip to Detroit to visit my sister and get away for a few days.
After a girl’s night in, lots of catching up, and a little pizza, we set out for the city. We went downtown, grabbed coffee, and walked along the river. The change of scenery was just what I needed to recharge.
Since it was such a lovely day, I wore my KAAREM Boatneck Open Back Dress and some light pink accessories to pull the look together. This is my absolute favorite dress right now. From the front it looks very simple and minimal. But when it catches in the wind, you get a glimpse of the side detail, draped shoulder cape, and effortlessly beautiful open back. I love the look of pink and marble, so when we made our final stop at the Detroit Institute of Arts, I couldn’t resist a few photos. The building has a gorgeous marble stone exterior, amazing architecture, and begged for an impromptu photoshoot on the stairwell.
Styling the KAAREM Open Back Cape Dress
1. KAAREM Boatneck Open Back Dress: The simplicity of a dress with the subtle intricate details you crave. This piece comes in 7 gorgeous colors and prints I LOVE. It was hard to choose just one!
2. Topshop Wrap Choker: This pink suede choker is right on trend. Chokers are usually worn when more chest and shoulder skin is showing. But I thought the twist of wearing one with a boatneck was really interesting.
3. Calvin Klein Block Heels: With a wide heel you can wear these all day without sacrificing comfort.
4. Topshop Bangle Set: Wear 1 or wear them all–these bangles are a cinch to throw on with any outfit.
5. Forever 21 Bag: This adorable structured blush bag is an easy favorite. I love how you can tuck the crossbody strap away and use it as a handbag. It’s super versatile!